Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27, 2010

It always makes me happy to check my email every week and see that everything is going so well. I hope that you're all having a lot of fun. This week has been a pretty good one and I've learned quite a bit. The work just continues to move forward and sometimes it's hard to keep up with it haha. We've been teaching a whole bunch of lessons lately, so that's always really cool, and we've been finding a lot of really cool people. Like last night we were heading up to Sarkandaugava to try and find some people, because it's an area missionaries don't go very often so people seem more willing to listen when they haven't already talked to the missionaries three times that day haha. But we accidently got on the wrong bus and we ended up in this little area called Kundzinsala, which I discovered is basically heaven on earth. So we walked around for a little while and looked at all the little cottages and beautiful yards, but there wasn't really any people to talk to and all the houses gates were locked and so we decided to head back towards Sarkandaugava. Before we headed over the bridge back to the mainland (because this little area was on an island) we decided to pray so we could make the most effective choice. And after we started over the bridge we found this couple on the bridge fishing. They were way cool. They listened to our message and they want to meet again and learn more, and the coolest part is they walked us all the way back to the bus stop cause we were kind of lost (which was like 2 miles) So the Lord really has prepared people to hear this message and I'm so glad we accidently got on the wrong bus. But I'll hurry and answer your questions real quick sorry I always get caught up in my own stories that I never answer your questions haha. question #1 well it's kind of funny you see we basically just eat exactly what I would eat at home, we eat tacos, pasta, these really good things called palmeni, lots of rice and sausage, and other things along those lines haha. I'm kind of sad because we don't really eat at members houses in this mission so I don't really get to see what the locals eat. But the Yogurt and pastries here are absolutely like heaven so that's super awesome. question #2 I actually live really close to the mission I live on the corner of Gertrudes Iela and Brivibas Iela, which is like the perfect spot it's right in the center of town and it's like one block away from the church so that's a good thing. Question #3 I haven't been able to do a ton of traveling yet, but I don't really need to because just Riga itself is so beautiful. But yeah that's how things are this week I'm having a ton of fun, and I'm excited to hear from you next week.


-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment