Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22, 2010

Dear Family,

Hey everybody! Darn that's a bummer about all the lost football games. But luckily everything will be ok :). I'm having a lot of fun out here in the field. Me and Elder Reeves are having a lot of very fun adventures, transfers are actually coming up this Thursday and I have no idea what is going to happen. It's just super crazy to me that I'm going into my 3rd transfer in the field already! Time goes by so fast when you just lose yourself in the work. It's so much fun. This last week was pretty fun, we actually had a Thanksgiving celebration with the branch over here and there was a lot of good food, so I was really happy. As far as the missionary work side of things over here, things were pretty slow, but that's ok because all we can do is try and get better. I wish I could have a cool story to tell you, but right now I can't really think of anything off the top of my head. I really just need to start bringing my journal when I email because I have a whole bunch of things in there that happened I just don't remember by the time I get here. Oh wait I just remembered something really cool that happened this week. Me and this other Elder, Elder Thomas, were on exchanges this past Thursday over in this area called New Vilniu. We went to go teach this lady that him and his companion had met the other day, she lives in very very poor circumstances. She lives in a one room little cottage that has no heating no electricity or even a bathroom, so me and elder Thomas decided to get her some bread and meat so she could make some simple sandwhiches. So when we got all that stuff and finally found her house, we walked in and taught her a simple little lesson about prayer and then gave her the sandwich stuff and blessed her house. She was so happy and grateful she started to cry a lot, I felt so sad for her I really just wanted to give her anything I've ever owned in my whole life. There are amazing people out there, and it doesn't matter that they don't have very much stuff but we are all children of God and we can all be blessed by this gospel.

Answers to questions

* Did you buy you a coat this week? Hopefully, you bought something that will be a fun reminder of your mission and will keep you warm. Yes I was able to get a really cool jacket that wasn't very expensive at all and it should keep me warm. I actually wore it when I went and played sports this morning and I felt really cool.

* They probably don't celebrate Thanksgiving over there. What do the missionaries do? Yes they do not celebrate Thanksgiving over here, but we had an activity with the ward and it was a lot of fun and we were able to get investigators there. There was actually this one investigator there, her name is Valera she's getting baptised in a couple of weeks and the sisters are teaching her and she made this beat salad that took her two days to make and then no one ate any of it and she was really sad so then I ate all of it cause I wanted to make her happy, but then when I finished that she pulled out another one that she wanted me to try, I was so full my throat would just not swallow food any more haha, but she was happy. It wasn't very good at all that's why none of the other missionaries wanted to help me eat it.

* How are your discussions coming? They're coming along really well, me and Elder Reeves still have a ways to go but we're getting better and better. We've learned a ton this transfer we've been together.

* Do you have more pictures for us? Yes I do have more pictures that I can send to you, but I forgot my cable to connect my camera to the computer, so I'll have to send them next week sorry.

* Is there anything that you need? Nope I'm doing really fine, luckily as a missionary all we really need are Books of Mormon and warm clothes haha.

But yeah that's all I basically have this week for you, so I hope that you have a great week. And I'm way excited to hear from you next week.

-Eder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment