Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 18, 2010

October 18, 2010

Dear Family,

Hey how is everybody? It's sounds like a whole bunch of cool stuff has been going on over there in Cache Valley Utah. I miss Cache Valley quite a bit because there's no mountains over here in the Baltics :( It's ok though here in Vilnius there's hills which is a lot more than you can say about Riga. So as you can guess by my last sentence, I'm still in Vilnius and I'm pretty happy about it because I was only here for like 2 weeks before transfers ended. It's very pretty here in Vilnius also, I would send you pictures but I need to take some more haha. We're only allowed to take pictures on preparation day and I've always been really bad about taking pictures. But yeah here's what happened this last week, we had transfers last Thursday and Elder Mock got sent up to Riga, so my new companion is Elder Reeves. He's a really awesome Elder and I'm really happy to be able to serve with him, the only problem that I can see right now is that he's only on his 3rd transfer and I'm on my 2nd haha so we're both way brand new missionaries and he's never been to Vilnius and I've only been here for a couple weeks and we're in Center (the most crazy part of Vilnius) haha. I think we'll probably have a lot of getting lost to go through this transfer, before we really find our way around. But yeah I'll keep you up to date on all of our crazy adventures. This week was a pretty cool week though, we taught quite a few lessons and I really feel like the language is coming along so that makes me happy. I'm really good at talking about the gospel but if the subject deviates from that topic it's very hard to understand what is going on. One cool thing that happened this week was about 2 Saturdays ago this guy called us and was like hey I met with the missionaries like five years ago and I would really like to meet with them again if that's possible. So last night me and Elder Reeves were able to go and meet with him, he fed us some really good fruit tea and cookies and we talked about the Restoration. It was way cool though he's a way awesome guy and we're hoping to give him a baptismal date soon already, so I'll keep you posted. Also another miracle that happened this week is at the beginning of the week me and Elder Mock were walking around and just talking to everybody and we found this kid named Thomas, he was a Lithuanian from Kaunas and he was in Vilnius buying a car. But he agreed to walk with us to our teaching center and have a lesson. So we met with him and just talked about The Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, me and Elder Mock just both really felt like we needed to invite him to be baptized. So we promised him as he continued to read and pray he would have a desire to follow all the commandments and be baptized by someone holding the proper authority, and he said YES!!! It was so awesome because he was in Vilnius only for that night and we found him, we were able to give his information to the missionaries in Kaunas and as far as I know everything is going really good and his baptism is scheduled a couple weeks from now. It's amazing how much good the Lord can work through you when you're doing what you're supposed to. But yeah that's my week I’m happy that you were able to go to Savannah's Halloween party I had a lot of fun last year also. And also the first thing we do when I get back is hiking the Wellsville’s because I really am craving a good hike lately. But I'm having a great time out here in the Baltics it's amazing how many incredible things happen each and every day I wish that I could tell you about all of them, but I've been keeping a way good journal so I'll be able to share more with you someday. Have a great week.

-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment