Saturday, March 12, 2011

February 21, 2011

Dear Family,

Wow it sounds like a whole bunch of crazy adventures are going on over in Cache Valley. It sounds like you all are having a lot of fun. That's just way super crazy to me that Nate is getting married tell him congratulations for me, I knew it was just a short way around the corner, I'm way happy for him. As for things over here everything is fine, I went to the neurologist over in Riga this week and things are looking good so you don't need to worry about me :). The Lord blesses us while we serve him so everything will be ok. Elder McNerney and I are having a lot of fun together we just found out that we're together for another transfer so that's pretty cool, this last transfer felt like it was only like a week and a half not a month and a half so I'm glad we have more time. This week we had a cool miracle while we were knocking one day. We decided to go up and knock on this road called Saura, but on the way there we both felt like we needed to knock this building that was on the way there. So we started knocking and for some reason people were being extra rude, I won't even repeat what they were saying haha. So after we were to the second to last door this lady walked up from behind us and was like "hey are you visiting me?" we were knocking on her door right as she walked up and she let us in and we talked to her for a while. It turned out that the missionaries had taught here like 3 or for years ago, she just got so busy with her work the missionaries kind of forgot about her. She has read the whole Book of Mormon and she knows it's true. She wants to start coming to church, and having lessons with us again. The amazing part was that she was only coming home for like 2 minutes to grab a really quick bite to eat, because she's taking care of a an old lady that's about to die and she usually just stays there all the time, but for some reason this day she felt like she needed to go home to eat. It was a great miracle and we're really excited to teach her, and she referred her son and we're going to start teaching them. Sorry if that story doesn't make any sense it was hard to describe, but I hope it made sense because it was really cool. This week is going to be a whole lot of fun teaching new people that we found this week and I'll let you know what's going on with them next week. I hope that all of you have a great week and I'm excited to hear from you next week. Make sure to get some good skiing in before the seasons over.

-Elder Pack


P.S. Lately I've been pondering over Alma 5 and how it applies to not only those who know not God but for us as well. The verse that sticks out to me is the one where he says "have you sufficiently retained in remembrance?" I've been thinking about it a lot because if we just retain in remembrance all the things that God has done for us then staying on the path of righteousness really isn't that much of a challenge. I don't know just some thoughts I've been having about how can we sufficiently retain in remembrance all that we have and have learned throughout the day? I know that if we can just remember and focus on the things that we learned in morning scripture study we will be able to improve the way God wants us to throughout the everyday activities. Let me know what your thoughts are about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment