Monday, April 25, 2011

April 18, 2011

Hey Family,

It's just way crazy that I'm so close to you right now mom and dad. Mom it's ok that you don't understand what's going on, I know exactly how that is I was in the same boat not too long ago. I'm way curious dad how is the branch there doing since you were there? Are there more people, or are a lot of people leaving to other places. I just want to know what maybe can happen to the branch here in 20 years. Also what's the difference between being in a country as a missionary and just being there as a regular person, because I have no idea haha. I hope that all is well over in Italy and I'm way excited to hear your impressions from your trip in next week's email.

As for me here in Latvia all is just going fantastically. Elder Gudmunson and I are having a lot of fun spreading the gospel and trying to bring people to Christ. It's definitely not easy but it's just so much fun. This week was another good one. Miracles are happening as we get out there and do all that we can. We had a really cool miracle this week were an investigator that we haven't taught for months called us and wanted to me. She noticed as we stopped meeting that something was just missing, so we taught her this week and she is a lot more prepared to accept the gospel now than she was 3 months ago. Nina is doing very well. Life is really hard for her right now, her son is in the hospital, and her husband had a stroke and she has to take care of him all the time. But she's continuing to read and have very strong spiritual experiences. She said that she knows she needs to be baptized and that this church is the true of God on the earth, she just wants to get through her trials a little bit more, because she knows that baptism is a big commitment and she wants to be ready. Thanks for praying for her I know that it's really helping a lot.

I'm sad that I wasn't able to hear from the kids this week, that shows how much they care about me ;). No I understand that things are just way busy right now so everything's fine. I hope that you have a great week. Thanks for all the support it really helps. And remember that God loves us and everything is according to his will. While we do all we can to keep his commandments, hard times will come, but it will all be for our benefit.

-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment