Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19, 2011

Dear Family,

Sorry if one of my past emails confused you, we didn't get transfers until this last week, but now I can tell you what is going on! I'm still with Elder Thomas! Hurray! We're way excited to serve together for another transfer. Elder Thomas and I move a lot so we thought there was no way that we'd both go without moving somewhere. Actually our whole entire district stayed together, so that's really cool. I'm glad to hear that everything is going so well back at home. It sounds like everyone is having a way good time. I'm way excited to hang out with all of you when I get home.

This week in the life a Riga, Latvia missionary was really great. We found seven new investigators, and that made us really really happy. Elder Thomas and I have been very blessed while we've been together. We're also teaching a girl that I knew in Daugavpils, who lives here during the school year, she's doing well, and has a lot of potential. For some reason I'm having problems remembering specific things that happened this week that I can tell you... We had pretty cool miracle with a less active, who was actually the very first missionary from the Baltics. He just kind of lost his faith throughout the years and he's really into scientology these days. But this last week when we were teaching him he really opened up. He told us the concerns that he has, he also wants us to start serving him by teaching his wife and son English, and btw his wife and son are awesome! I think more miracles are coming. Another cool miracle that's happening is there's a kid that the other Elders are teaching, who's about to be baptized. He's a way nice kid, who Elder Koegler and I taught last year when we were together in Riga.

I'm going to take some time now to send you some pictures. Isn't it just about time that you got some haha. I'm sorry that I've been so bad at sending pictures home on my mission. I hope that you all had a great week. I also wanted to say a quick happy birthday to Robbie real quick. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBBIE!!!!!!!! Wow that's crazy that you're a teenager now, why did everyone have to start growing up so fast after left on my mission it's not cool. I'm glad that you had a great birthday, I made sure to say happy birthday on your birthday even though you couldn't hear it at all haha. Well have a great week everybody, thanks for all you do I'm excited to hear from you next week.

Well I'm really really sorry family, This computer for some dumb reason won't let me send pictures, it'll have to wait til next week :( sorry. I have some more good news though that I forgot to tell you in my email. There's a new missionary that just got here this last week by the name of Elder Braden Mickelson (He was a grade below me, and we ran cross country together) It was so awesome to be able to see him. He's just on the other side of the River, and as a zone leader I get to work with all the new missionaries in my zone. I'm way excited, this mission just got even cooler, and I thought it couldn't possibly get any cooler haha :)

-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment