Monday, January 9, 2012

January 1, 2012 - Happy New Year!!!

Dear Family,

Well that's just too bad that you all are getting sick. Luckily I haven't really had any sick moments so far, I'm going to try as hard as I can avoid it the whole winter, because some of the missionaries have been getting really sick. That's way sad that there's basically no snow even up in the mountains. Here it’s the very same. It's been way sunny and warm lately, but today it got to about -1 Celsius. New Year as a missionary is just kind of a joke actually haha. I just slept it was really nice. The only think special that we do is that we have to come in early so that we don't get attacked by drunk people. New Year in the Baltics is a huge holiday! It's like ten times as big of deal as Christmas. When I was on my way to church Sunday morning empty beer/wine bottles just lined the streets. But now I can tell that people are already really regretting drinking that much they look way miserable. I used that time to set some sweet yearly goals, they're pretty huge I'll have to work hard to achieve them.

This week was a lot of fun though. Elder Stucki and I worked very hard. The Lord has been blessing us with a lot of success lately; it's been a lot of fun. I can really see the Lord's hand in my missionary work as I do all that I possibly can to reach my goals. I know that sometimes I fall short, but I always learn something useful. Elder Stucki and I have been having a lot of revelation on how we can improve in finding and working with members, it's really cool. We've come up with a lot of ideas that I think will really help here in the Baltics in our own personal missionary work, we're really excited to just make plans and apply them. We worked with our baptismal date **** a few times this week it went really well. She has a big desire to meet with us and be baptized. We also found quite a few really cool people that we're very excited to meet with.

I'm sorry that I don't have a ton to say. This week was just really regular, but a lot of fun. Thanks for all that you do I hope that you have a great week.

-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment