Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 7, 2011

Dear Family,

It sounds like you had a pretty good week. I'm really sad that there were some sad things that happened, but I'm pretty sure that everything will work out in the end :). I'll make sure to pray for all of you and for everything that's going on... I'm glad that everyone had a successful Halloween. I love Halloween, and I really miss it being out here. That is also way super cool that my ski was found! That was some really good news. Thanks for all of the effort that you all put into finding it.

Well this week was super mega ultra awesome, with a hint of some sadness. As far as the sadness goes, Elder LaCroix is no longer my companion, he has left to Daugavpils... I'll miss him, but it's ok because I'm his zone leader so I'll get to see him when I go there on exchanges. But as far as the happiness goes I'm now with Elder Froelich. I was actually getting kind of scared that I would never get the opportunity to serve with Elder Froelich on my mission. I'm still in Riga as a zone leader, I'm pretty happy about it actually. This area is super super awesome, and this is like the best zone. There are a lot of very great missionaries in Latvia at the given time. The work is still moving forward. That man ****** is doing super great still, he just soaks everything in like a sponge. This week we had a really cool miracle while we were teaching him. He had just finished reading the story of the tree of life, and we asked him, "if you were to place yourself in this story what does it mean for you?" And he went on to tell us that 2 weeks ago he was wondering around in the field of darkness, but then we called out to him like Lehi calling out to Laman and Lemuel. And now he's holding onto the rod because we gave him the Book of Mormon and he's making his way to the tree of life "Baptism". It was so cool! He's doing amazingly well I'm so happy. The Zone is also doing incredibly well. I went and did a baptismal interview over in Imanta this last week and there's going to be a baptism this Saturday I'll make sure to get some pictures and send them to you. Elder Froelich and I have been working really hard to help lift and inspire the zone. And I really feel like things are going in a very upward and outward direction. Another cool thing that happened this week was when the first presidency approved the building of the first stake center of the Baltics. Because baptisms in the last year have gone up, especially on the side of member missionary work. I don't know when it will be done, but I'm super excited for the people here.

Well I'm glad that everything is going well over in little cache valley. I always love hearing from you and I'm excited to hear from you again next week.

-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment