Tuesday, November 22, 2011

October 24, 2011

Dear Family,

I'm glad to hear that everything is going so well. That's way cool that Frank and Alycia are getting their patriarchal blessings soon. Patriarchal blessings are actually a huge blessings. It gives us just a little glimpse of what God sees in us. He knows us better than we know ourselves and he knows our potential and he lets us see that a little bit. It actually reminds me, could you send me a copy of my patriarchal blessing when you send me a Christmas package, that would be awesome. Please pass a hello to Mariah also. I'm glad that people haven't just forgotten about me while I've been on the other side of the world haha. Could you also pass my congratulations to Nate and Sierra. That's way cool that they'll be having a baby. A new deck?!? that's going to be way cool, our barbecue possibilities are just going to be to the max now. To answer your question about the threesome, we'll probably only be together for about a week and a half more.

We had a great week this week. Elder Thomas, Elder LaCroix, and I are having a great time serving together! This week the Lord really blessed us in our finding. We were able to find three new investigators and we have some other people that are going to become new investigators really soon. Having two companions makes it so there's never a dull moment. I'll share a few cool things that happened this week. First of all we have an investigator named xxxxxxx who is doing very well. She told us a really funny story this week about when she got an impression to do something. It was a few weeks ago and she was laying in bed when she heard a really quiet small voice say "your pension has come, go check" so she got up and got dressed and went to go check the mail, but when she got there, there was nothing in the mail. She was really confused, so she just went back inside and got in bed and when she was laying there the little voice came back and just said "Sorry". It was so funny to hear, we laughed for quite a while. We also have an investigator who's getting baptized in November who we've been asking him to cut his hair for a long time now, and he finally did! We're also teaching a Texan! It's way cool. Elder Thomas found him about a week ago when he was on exchanges. We just taught him for the first time last night. He's way awesome. He's about 24 years old and he's here serving for a non-denominational missionary program. We had a way good lesson about Joseph Smith and the Restoration. He committed to read the Book of Mormon and we're meeting with him again tomorrow. It's a small world.

Thank you so much for all that you do. I hope that everything this week goes well. I pray about all of you every day and I'm glad to see that God has been answering my prayers. Have a great week.

-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment