Tuesday, November 22, 2011

October 17, 2011

Dear Family,

Wow I don't even know what to say anymore... Right when I read that Frank is going to Armenia all other thoughts in my head got erased and I don't know what to say any more. That is so cool! I'm really excited for him. I've heard Armenian before... It's nuts. I don't understand at all, and the alphabet looks like a whole bunch of h's turned upside down and backwards and stretched to different lengths. I do like the sound of it though. I've also met a few Armenians, and all the Armenians that I've met have been way nice so that's a good sign. One thing I would suggest for Frank is that he starts learning the alphabet and the sounds that the letters make and some vocabulary, it will make the MTC a lot less stressful. I'm really happy that I knew the alphabet and some grammar before I got to the MTC it was really nice. That's also way cool that Robbie was called as the second councilor in the Deacon's quorum. Everyone is just doing so well it makes me so happy. Except for Dad's shoulder... I hope that gets better soon.

This week was a lot of fun! We worked really hard, and taught some really cool people. We had a huge miracle with a less active member this week. Missionaries haven't met with her for a really long time, but we were able to start meeting with her a few weeks ago. This week we had a good lesson about the Gospel and how it blesses us. She said she felt the spirit way strong, and we were able to set up a lesson with her non-member husband this upcoming week because she wants him to be baptized so they can be sealed together as a family. It was really cool to see that when she felt the spirit it brought back all the great feelings that she's felt in the church before. She knows the Gospel is true and when she felt the spirit all of her desire came back. Missionary work is so awesome! I love it so much. I would never trade these experiences that I'm having for anything.

Thank you so much for all of the support and keeping me in your prayers. It means a lot to me and I know that it really helps a lot. I hope that you all have a great week. Keep me updated about how the mission prep is going, and tell me some cool facts that you find out about Armenia I'm way interested!

-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment