Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012

Dear Family,

Hey! Wow it sounds like you had a super good week. That's so cool that Frank is out now! He's going to have such a good time I'm super excited to hear how everything is going with him. You need to make sure to forward the emails that he sends you to me. It's crazy that it's already been 19 months since the time that you dropped me off. It feels like it was just yesterday. I will make sure to write Frank an email today after I'm done writting this one.

As for everything here in Tallinn, things are just super awesome. I love Tallinn a lot. I'm living in an area that's really Russian, so we haven't been having a very hard time finding Russian people happilly. We don't have a ton of investigators at the given moment, but that ok things are going to turn around. We have some awesome goals set and some sweet plans on how we are going to accomplish it. This last week was a little bit cazy, because I went to Riga for a couple days for zone leaders' council and exchanges with the assistants, and we also went to Narva on Friday to do a baptismal interview. Those things took a lot of time out of our area, but it was a lot of fun. Elder Mickelson and I have been having a lot of fun trying to make our missions more like missions in the Book of Mormon. We really started to think about why so many incredible miracles don't happen in our mission like in the Book of Mormon, and we came to the conclusion that it's just because we don't expect it, which means our faith isn't the way that it should be. Because it says in the Book of Mormon that if miracles have ceased it's because of a lack of faith. So we've really started to pick up and show faith in the way that we work, and really get out there like they did in the Book of Mormon. One thing that we started doing this week is bus sermons. What I mean by this is we get up at the front of the buses and we just talk really loudly to the whole entire bus and testify of things we know and invite them to act. It's been really interesting, people have really been paying attention. It also gives an opportunity for us to get doctrine out there of which the Holy Ghost can testify of. We have some other ideas of what we want to do as well, and I'll make sure to let you know how it goes.

I'll answer a few questions now:

Are you going to play the cello when you get back? Yes I will definately play the cello when I get back. I've been really missing it a lot while I've been out here on my mission. I don't know if I'll play in any orchestras or anything, but I know that I will play.

What is you Favorite city? That is a really hard question. Every city is good for it's own special reason. I really love Tallinn because it's really modern and the feel is just really upbeat and exciting. I also really like Riga because there is a really deep culture there and it just has a big city feel which means there is something always going on and there's always something to do. Vilnius is also really cool because it feels really old and really relaxed. When you go out in the mornings or evenings the streets are just empty and silent. I hope that answered your question :)

Where is your apartment? kärberi 33

I hope that you all have a great week!

-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment