Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27, 2012

Family,

That's really cool that you were able to have a big family party. I'm really excited for when I can go to those things again. Please tell Grandma thank you for the note and that I really love her and that I'm having a great time.

Things here are going great. Missionary just moves a long like missionary work. Every day is a party. This last week I had to go down to Riga for the 3rd time this transfer to do some visa work :p, and I get to go again this next week for a zone leaders' council. Riga is cool until you go there four times in a month haha. I was able to see a lot of cool people while I was there though so that made me happy. I ran into ****** while I was there, because the Elders were having a lesson with her there in the church. She just got baptized this a couple of Saturdays ago!!! She was just so happy. I'm really glad that God was able to put me in her path and bring her into the Gospel. Work has been going very well here in Tallinn as well. We've been finding a lot of amazing people and it's really cool. We've been changing the way that we work pretty dramatically, and so the people that we're finding have been changing dramatically as well. Instead of finding a whole bunch of homeless people we've been finding a lot more families and a lot more eligible Melchizedek Priesthood holders (which we need very badly here). I really feel like I'm starting to get the hang of this missionary thing. Yesterday we had a cool miracle when we were on our way home from church. We ended running into a guy that we had run into the week before on our way home from church. We talked to him for a little while and it came up that he really wants to change his life, so after explaining that the Gospel will help him change more than anything else we were able to set a baptismal date and another meeting. He's a very great guy! I'm very excited to meet with him.

I've been able to talk to Frank as well, and it sounds like all is great with him. We're having a good time exchanging stories. His experience is reminding me a ton of mine, in the fact that he is just getting more and more excited to get out of the mtc and out there in the field. I just remember during the mtc I was just so excited to come to the Baltics that I couldn't take it.

I hope that you all have a great week. I'm excited to hear from you next week. Tell everyone hello for me.

-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment