Sunday, February 5, 2012

January 23, 2012

Dear Family,
 
Wow it sounds like everything is going well over there in Utah. I'm way happy that Franks farewell talk went so well, he's going to be an amazing missionary, because he has an amazing personality and everyone is going to want to be around him. He'll really attract people that are ready to hear the Gospel, and have the believing Isrealite blood. That's great the Beaver finally got a little bit of snow. 2 feet isn't a little bit of snow either it's quite abit. That makes for some good powder skiing.
 
This last week here in the mission field was a lot of fun. Every week that I'm here in Riga it gets better and better. We talked to some really cool people, and had some really good lessons. ******* got baptized! woohoo! I was so happy, she is incredible. She got up and bore her testimony about how the church has changed her life so much for the better, and that she's so excited to learn more and more. She also asked if I could give a talk at her baptism about the Holy Ghost. I've really grown to love giving talks, because it really strengthens my testimony when I talk to people about the Gospel. I was able to feel the spirit so strongly as I was testifying of the blessings that she'll be able to receive from the Holy Ghost after her baptism. It's amazing to see how much people can change just 3-4 weeks after they've come in contact with the church. The spirit really changes people, and I'm really happy that I'm able to be a part of this amazing work. Our investigator Irina is doig very well. Sadly she drank a couple sips of wine while she was at a funeral this last week, so she won't be getting baptized this next Saturday. But when we told her that we have to move her date back, she just begged us to leave it the same. She wants to be baptized so badly. We re-taught the word of wisdom, and she really gets why we had to move her date back. She is very excited to get baptized on the 11th of February, and now she understands that she really needs to work hard to reach her date. She's already asked the member that she wants to baptize her if he can.
 
Transfers are actually this upcoming week, we'll find out what's going on and where we'll be tomorrow actually. Transfers just go by faster and faster every single time, I'm already on my 13th transfer out here in the field... Crazy! I think that I'm staying, I just have that feeling, but we'll see I'm usually wrong haha. I'll take some time really quick to answer the questions that I haven't answered yet.

You still need to tell me your address on Maskavas Iela. I like to look at it on google earth. I will send you some screen shots after you tell me the number if I can find a picture of your building. My Address is Maskava 198

How often do you eat lately with investigators or members? It depends. Basically whenever we go over to a member's house they give us something to eat, because they're really hospitipal here. But there aren't a ton of members here so we don't meet with members all that often.

Are you becoming a good cook? I'm figuring out how to make a few things. I wouldn't say that I'm a good cook but I'm deffinately a lot better than I was when I left. I've gotten pretty good at making things with potatoes in them, and I figured out how to make chicken enchiladas so I eat those a lot haha.
 
 
-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment