Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23, 2012 - Transferred!

Dear Family, Well Transfers have happened... I didn't really expect at all what ended up happening. I'm back in Daugavpils!!! I'm in the same area that I served in last year. It's so cool! I'm really happy about it. It's always fun to go back to a city where you've already been, so I'm really happy that I've got to do it so much. I feel a lot more experienced than I was last time I was here, so it should be a lot of fun. We have a lot of investigators and a lot of people on the verge of baptism and so it should be a lot of fun. I took Elder Waddoups spot (because he just went home this transfer :(... ) So the area is in really good shape so that should make it a lot of fun. Of course I really miss Tallinn, I cried when I realized that I won't be going back there anymore on my mission. I'm really going to miss the people there. That actually brings me to one of the things that I really wanted to ask you. The Ivanovi family, they got baptized while I was in Tallinn last year, I worked with them a lot and they're some of my favorite people in the whole world, and they're working to get sealed as a family this upcoming July (1 year from their baptism). I really really really really want to go to their sealing in Stockholm Sweden, and I remembered that you told me at the beginning of my mission that you wanted to come pick me up and I could show you around my mission, I would love that because then we could all go to Stockholm to see their sealing!!! I know that this is really short notice, and I don't know they possibility of making this happen. Don't feel obligated to say yes, but I would really like to know if this would be a possibility. But yeah back to where I was this week was a lot of fun. In Tallinn we said goodbye to everyone and had to get a lot of things ready because both Elder Mickelson and I were leaving, and we had to get the area ready for a couple of Elders to be able to jump right in. In Daugavpils it was just really cool being able to see all of the members again. They seemed happy to have me back, so that made me happy. This week we had a couple of service activities that were a lot of fun. We helped one old lady member move into a new apartment. She's really funny we had a really good time. We also had a big activity that is called субботник (Subotnik) it's a bit Latvian holiday when everyone gets together and does service. Sadly this year they said that a lot less than ever before participated. But our branch got together and we went out and cleaned up one of the parks. It's crazy how much garbage we found haha. It was cool though because I was here in Daugavpils last year for Subotnik as well, so now when people look into the history of the church in Daugavpils they're going to think that I was here for a very very very long time. Last night we also stopped by a lady that I was teaching last year when I was here. She and her husband are so cool, they really need to get baptized. They let us right in and fed us dinner. I really feel like they can get baptized they just need a little bit of a push. I'm really happy that you all had such a good week. I'm glad that Robbie beat up Alycia's prom date with one arm, I'm so proud. It sounds like everything is going super well, and I'm happy about that. I hope you all have a great week. and I'm really excited to hear back from you. -Elder Pack ps. Good thing I got transferred to Daugavpils it's the land of sweet souvenirs. I'm going to go to the main store today to try and find some Russian hats, and I'll try to get back on email today to let you know how much they cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment