Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30, 2012

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. I really totally forgot that my birthday is coming up this week until I got your emails haha. I'm excited to be here in Daugavpils for my second birthday out in the field. Last year was a lot of fun, when the branch president and his family invited us all over to have some dinner and wish me a happy birthday. The members here are so cool, I really love being back here. This week was a lot of fun. We had a lot going on and a lot to do. We had to go to Riga in to do some visa work for Elder Clark which was pretty fun. I'm going to get to answering your questions so that I make sure to get to things that you want to hear. How is it going in Daugavpils? It is incredible here, I love the people here so much. This city has a cool feel to it because it's a lot smaller than the other cities. There's not as much to see but I like it better in some ways as far as missionary work goes. The people seem a lot nicer. Tell us a little more about your companion. Where is he from? How long has he been out? What does he like back home? He's really cool, and really funny. He's in his second transfer, but he's a very good missionary. He's from Calgary, Canada. He has a lot of Canada pride going on as well, but he's one of few here so he has to haha. He's into a lot of the same things that I was. He likes skiing and wake boarding, and he played a lot of football. He got player of the year in his region as a linebacker. Tell us about Daugavpils. How many missionaries serve there? Tell us about your investigators. Do you have some that are pretty close to baptism? There are four missionaries here in Daugavpils. So you feel a lot more secluded here than in the other places, but you get to know the other missionaries very well. We have a few investigators that are doing really well right now. One lady in particular whose name is *****. She's really awesome. She's an older lady but she's progressing really well. Sadly she just left yesterday for Russia for a month to see family, so she won't be around for a while. But she said that she wants to get baptized when she gets back. We have another investigator whose name is *****. He's a doctor, and really really funny. Him and his girlfriend just got married this last Saturday, which was a lot of fun. We were the only people that they invited to the wedding haha. I don't know why they have tons of friends. They really love us. They took us out to some areas of Daugavpils and we took some pictures that was a lot of fun. I'll make sure to keep you updated on the investigators and tell you about more in the future. Well Mothers day is coming up and I'm excited to talk to all of you. This time I think it would be fun to do it over skype and that would be a lot cheaper. I'll tell you all the details next Monday about that. I'm excited to be able to see all of you this time. Thanks for all you do for me, I love you all. -Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment