Sunday, April 22, 2012

March 18, 2012

Dear Family, Wow it sounds like you had a really great week over in the land of Utah. A lot of things going on it seems like. That's so cool that you were able to go to visit the Uibels', and get to catch up with them a little bit. Yeah you better wait for me to get home to go see the Jerusalem set, that sounds so cool. I really want to see it. Yes I did know that Sister Uibel speaks Arabic, she also speaks Russian incredibly well. She's a very talented girl. I'm very happy to hear that mom and Jenna made it into the play. I hope that it all goes well. How long will the performances for that play go on? My week here in Tallinn was a lot of fun. We were able to find a lot of cool people and teach some interesting lessons. Last night actually I was calling some people out of my planner and trying to figure out who we could meet with to reach our goals. I ended up calling a man named Andrei. He was just like "hey could you actually meet tonight I'll have some free time, and I would love to meet with". We were way happy that we were able to set up a lesson in such short notice, so we finished our dinner and went and knocked on some doors to find more people before we had to head to our lesson. When we got to his house he opened the door and we instantly realized that he was super drunk. We didn't really know what to do so we decided to go in and just set up a time to meet again and give him something to read. When we got inside it turned out that there were 6 other very big very drunk Russian men... we were really happy about this... But actually we were super nervous, because some drunks are very mean. Luckily they were all really nice and really interested haha. One of the men was actually sober and we were able to have a really good conversation while all the other guys just kind of mumbled in drunk Russian with each other. The guy was very interested in our mission and why we are doing this, so we were able to agree on a second lesson when there won't be 6 other drunk people getting in the way. We also found another guy on the way home from that lesson who is really cool, and it turns out that he is really good friends with another investigator that we found and taught at the beginning of the week. There are always a lot of miracles happening in missionary work. I love it! Thank you so much for sharing that story about Grandpa Seegmiller. That was a very cool story. So was grandpa the one who translated the first circulated copy of the Book of Mormon in Portuguese? I hope that you all have a great week. You're always in my prayers. Good luck Alycia with cheer tryouts. -Elder Pack p.s. And no I never did hear the story of Willie eating dinner with Aunt Genie To answer your question about what I want to study. I'm still very interested in Physical therapy. I know that it is going to be very difficult but it just a mix of a lot of things that I feel that I'm better at like science and math. I was thinking that I could study Human Movement science (pre-physical therapy) at Utah State and then transfer after I graduate to U of U. Or the best option would be to just study pre-physical therapy as well at U of U because that would increase my chances of getting accepted into the doctorate program after getting a bachelor. -Elder Pack P.S. I'm going to attach some pictures to this email 1st pic: Elder Mickelson and I on our way to email this morning 2nd pic: Last preparation day doing some jujitsu (I don't really know how to do jujitsu I just kind of wrestled haha) 3rd pic: Elder Mickelson and I 4th pic: My district last transfer here in Tallinn

No comments:

Post a Comment